Careers at Harper Dental Care
Did you recently move to the area, or are you moving to the area?
Are you being under-utilized at your current job?
Do you work in an office with a team that doesn’t believe in the same work/life balance that you do?
Do you want to work in an advanced dental office that focuses on complex cases and restorative dentistry?
Do you want a career with an emphasis on learning, growing, and quality patient care and service?
If this is true for you, Harper Dental Care may be the perfect fit, and we would like you to consider joining our team.
Send your resume to: careers@ harperdentalcare.com.
What you should know:
- This is a confidential email address that goes directly to, and only to, Dr. Harper.
- Harper will not share this information with anyone else.
- This email can also be utilized for initial questions or further information about careers at Harper Dental Care.
Enriching Careers for Great People
Harper Dental Care is a small advanced dental practice focused on comprehensive and restorative dental care. We do not contract with any dental insurance companies, but we still work with and file all insurances. Almost all insurances pay us directly.
What this means for the patient is that treatment planning can be done based on proper diagnosis and best treatment options. Patients are allowed options, and our team enjoys the ability to diagnose and treat without the insurance agency influencing care. Our team works for the patient instead of the insurance company and helps patients meet their dental health goals instead of Insurance meeting their own bottom lines.
We hire great people- with and without experience. Our goal is to provide great dentistry and amazing customer service while focusing each individual patient’s health goals.
We are not always hiring, but since we are growing and live in a military community that can be transient, periodically there may be opportunities right for you. Even if you aren’t looking now, consider sending in your resume for future consideration.
Examples of positions in our office, both Full Time and Part Time:
- Dentist and Dental Specialist
- Office Manager / Administrator
- Dental Assistant
- Scheduling Coordinator
- Receptionist / Welcome
- Insurance billing and collections
- New Patient Acquisition / Coordinator
- Community Outreach
- Marketing Coordinator
Remember, we are looking for the best people to join our team. Knowledge about dentistry can be taught to quick learners regardless of their background. A position in an advanced dental office is a very rewarding opportunity.
Five reasons to work at Harper Dental Care
- We are not a corporate dental practice. We are not owned by a larger “parent corporation” and we are not bound by the restrictions that large-scale corporate dentistry requires. More and more dental offices are owned and operated by either a national corporation set up to be “local” or a more local corporation that is purchasing many offices. Instead, we are a small, advanced practice restorative and comprehensive dental practice that focuses on time with the patient, attention to detail, individualized treatment plans, proper diagnosis and care options, and personal relationships with our team and patients. At HDC, we never rush the appointment or push unnecessary procedures on our patients just to satisfy an off-site corporate office’s goals. We take the time to do things right.
- We offer many desirable benefits to our employees. We believe in a good work/life balance. Our typical work schedule includes 4 days a week. For full-time employees, health insurance and pension plans are available. We respect our team members and foster an environment of mutual respect, flexible work schedule, and a team approach to each day and task.
- We work with amazing team members. We are very selective in who we hire. We look for team players, sharp minds, and energetic/ engaging personalities. Because of this, our employees collaborate and share the responsibility of making HDC an amazing dental practice. From our front office to our clinical team, everyone supports each other and focuses on the common goal: top-notch patient care and amazing customer service.
- We have the best patients. Our patients come to see us from all over Hampton Roads and beyond. For the most part, our patients choose HDC because they value our approach to their dental and overall health, and appreciate that we strive to go above and beyond the typical dental office. Our patients are grateful for the time we are able to spend with them, the education we offer, the modern technology we have, and the collaborative approach to treatment we can offer by not being contracted with insurance.
- We are always evolving, growing, learning, and changing. “A life without change is not a life; it is a stagnant pool” –Alan Cohen. Dr. Harper is a life-long learner and values new approaches, new ideas, and team advancement. Educational opportunities are frequent and welcomed in our Education Center. We have weekly huddles where we share ideas, concerns, issues, and praise. In addition, we are always expanding our advanced practice scope by focusing on complex issues such as TMJ and Sleep Medicine, as well as, incorporating specialists into our practice to streamline communication and treatment.